FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW MUCH IS SCHOOL TUITION?
For Full Day, 5 days-Toddlers (24 months to 5 years) = 450/week
For Full Day, 5 Days- Infants (Under 24 months) = 500/week
See Tuition Doc for Half Days
EXTRA AM / PM Care = $50 each/week
CAN I SCHEDULE A SCHOOL VISIT?
Of Course. Please contact Ben to schedule a time that is convenient for you and your family to visit us. or 917-544-7907 or 301-537-3435
WHAT HOURS ARE YOU OPEN ?
We consider our full day from 8:30-5:30. We know that may parents commute into NY and attempt to accommodate those busy schedules by offering AM and PM extra care from 8:00 to 8:30 and from 5:30 to 6:00.
Contact Ben to discuss any special arrangements / considerations you may have.
DO YOU PROVIDE LUNCH AND SNACK
Yes. We will provide your child(ren) with nutritious daily lunch and AM / PM snacks. If you have special diets please let us know
Since A Reggio Inspired Group Family Day Care believes in students growing, developing and bonding inside and outside of the classroom, there are a variety of activities that are perfect for all types of interests. Take a look below to learn more.
DRESS-UP AND DRAMA
Jump In and mix it up
SPORTS AND ACTION
Energizers with Friends
WHAT IS O.W.L. PLAYSCHOOL ALL ABOUT?
Each time one prematurely teaches a child something he could have discovered for himself, that child is kept from inventing it and, consequently, from understanding it completely.” – Jean Piaget
International interest in Italy’s Reggio Emilia schools exploded when Newsweek
magazine dubbed them “the best preschools in the world” in 1991. The beautiful philosophy has many educational concepts we value deeply at One World Learning and it inspires our important work with children.
• Faith in parents: To be informed and cooperative members of the team
• Faith in children: To be interested in what is worth knowing
• Faith in teachers: To solicit multiple points of view, respecting children where they are on their learning journey
• Children are born with rights
• Children are competent
• Children use many “languages” to communicate their experience
• Children are not empty vessels to ﬁll with facts, ﬁgures and dates but come to school with ideas, preferences and hypotheses to explore
• In the child as protagonist, collaborator, and communicator
• Children learn best through loving, authentic relationships
• Child development and current brain research best informs our practice
• In New York's Early Learning Standards and being ready for all styles of Kindergartens but with a spirit of joyfulness that promotes curiosity, problem-solving and openmindedness for a lifetime of learning
• Emergent curricula that comes from children’s ideas, thoughts and observations
• Documentation as communication (pictures, quotes, journals, projects, portfolios)
• The teacher as researcher, partner, nurturer and guide
• The environment as a “third teacher”, aesthetically -pleasing and connected to nature
• Play and playfulness
• For peaceful, unhurried childhoods and parenthoods
• To be connected with the natural world, the harmony in music and dynamics found in celebrating multi-culturalism
• For “Nothing Without Joy!” (Loris Malaguzzi)
Get in touch if you want to learn more about our admissions process.
TEACHING & LEARNING
The academic program at One World Learning Group Family Day Care places an emphasis on every aspect of student growth and development, while going beyond state requirements. We offer a comfortable and inclusive educational environment, where children can thrive through play-based learning, engaging projects, arts, music, literacy in Spanish and English and numeracy.
We frame our teaching by incorporating weekly themes that aim to engage learners in fun and exciting learning.
Loved by kids and colleagues, Ben Costa has been teaching and leading with love, enthusiasm and joy in schools for over 25 years. Ben has taught children from Kindergarten to College and has been an elementary, middle and high school Head of School in private and public sectors. Ben supports all kids with the care and patience he treats his own children. Supported within a loving marriage and by a family of educators. Ben cannot wait to meet you and your family! Contact us today to find out more.
Since joining One World Learning Playschool, Jennifer has consistently brought an amazingly bright and loving optimism to the adults and kiddos she interacts with. Born in New York City, she has travelled the world and is most fond of Venezuela. After studying dentistry in Colombia, she became a mother and as pursued the child care path to provide a culturally rich experience for her child and the children she is able to teach. Along with English, She is fluent in Spanish and teaches reading and writing the language.
Amazingly creative, fun and nurturing, Alex quickly becomes kids' favorites because of her calming, caring demeanor. She was a Lead Teacher at a Childcare Center in White PLains before joning our OWL Team. She has endless imagination for projects and learning activities, while also keeping a very safe environment. Alex has a BA in English and is pursuing her MA in K-6 Education and was a college athlete. As such, she enjoys bringing a phonetic approach to our literacy methods and gets the kids into some fun physical exercises whenever there is opportunity. Contact us today to find out more
“ Stand aside for a while and leave room for learning, observe carefully what children do, and then, if you have understood well, perhaps teaching will be different from before.”
39 Stanton Cir
New Rochelle, Westchester County 10804
917-544-7907 or 301-537-3435